Upcoming NGA Events: (Please note that there are other apprenticeship events on the CoP calendar)
- Tues, Feb 13 from 4-4:30pm ET: Webinar on Introduction to Policy Alignment
- This interactive workshop will introduce grantees to the fundamentals of policy alignment and explore strategies to successfully align policies with local, state, and federal policies. There will be a poll/self-evaluation of grantees’ current setup for success, especially as to how it relates to being able to track policies that affect their programs, identify stakeholders to contact, and educate partners on policy that impacts their programs. Advance registration is required.
- Mon, Feb 26 from 1-2:00pm ET: Department of Labor Webinar on Tools for Expanding Apprenticeship
- This webinar is an opportunity to learn about the latest resources developed by intermediaries contracted by the U.S. Department of Labor’s Office of Apprenticeship to expand and diversify apprenticeship across the country. This is Part 2 to the webinar offered on Mon, Dec 11, showcasing different intermediaries.
- Mon-Wed, April 23-25, 2018: 3rd AAI National Meeting
- All AAI grantees are invited to bring up to 3 members of their team. To register for the meeting, please visit the registration site and click on the link at the top labeled “Register.” Please register under the category “AAI Grantee.” The deadline to register and book your room in the reserved hotel block is Monday, March 26, 2018.
AAI Grantee Query:
- Please update the list of occupations you are working on through the AAI grant. This list was last updated by all grantees Summer 2017.
New Relevant Resources
- Jan. 31 AAI Peer-to-Peer Call on IT Employer Engagement in Apprenticeship call notes.
Apprenticeship in the News:
- America Makes and Robert C Byrd Institute to Unveil the First-ever Industry-vetted Additive Manufacturing Registered Apprenticeship Framework at March 6th Forum (Manufacturing Tomorrow): America Makes and the Robert C. Byrd Institute (AAI grantee) are hosting a free, one-day public forum on Tuesday, March 6, 2018 to promote the expansion of advanced manufacturing apprenticeships and unveil the first-ever, industry-vetted Additive Manufacturing (AM)/3D Printing Technician Registered Apprenticeship framework.
- More Than 600 New Apprenticeship Positions Approved by the Nevada State Apprenticeship Council (Governor Brian Sandoval’s Office of Workforce Innovation): Members of the Nevada State Apprenticeship Council voted to approve the applications of a co-sponsored program with five occupations at their most recent meeting in the manufacturing, healthcare, and workforce development sectors. Among the approved programs are Industrial Maintenance Mechanic, CNC Machine Operator, Production Operator, and Certified Nursing Assistant, sponsored by Truckee Meadows Community College (AAI grantee).
- Governor Bullock Recognizes Montana’s First Apprenticeship Program in the Manufacturing Industry (Office of Gov. Steve Bullock): Governor Steve Bullock today recognized the West Paw Design’s new apprenticeship program aimed at training workers to meet the demands of the growing business. This injection molding training program is Montana’s first registered apprenticeship in the manufacturing industry.
- Registered Apprentices Work on Digital Special Effects for Three Oscar-nominated Movies. (Newswire): AAI grantee Managed Career Solutions’ OpenTech Initiative has five registered apprentices who worked on three different Oscar-nominated films: Guardians of the Galaxy 2, The Last Jedi, and War for the Planet of the Apes. Instagram Post.