Travel agents work in companies engaged in the travel and tourism industries and in institutions related to health resorts.
Travel agents specializing in tourism typically work in travel agencies, business travel departments and the offices of tour operators.
Travel agents specializing in health resort and tourism management typically work in companies and institutions engaged in the health resort industry, in tourist offices, tourism associations and health resort facility operators, and in the field of convention management.
- sell products, services and travel related incidentals making use of their knowledge of travel destinations,
- take account of environmental considerations in producing products,
- cooperate in marketing measures,
- compile and calculate prices and process payment and accounting transactions,
- use information and communication systems,
- coordinate cooperation in-house and with external partners.
Travel agents specializing in tourism:
- organize, supply and sell travel to individuals, groups and companies,
- provide counselling and information, including in a foreign language,
- plan and organize individual trips and package tours,
- obtain information on travel connections and tariffs,
- analyse and evaluate key parameters,
- assist in commercial management and control measures.
Travel agents specializing in health resort and tourist offices:
- supply and sell tourism products and services available locally, such as medical services and package products,
- coordinate tourism offers with the wishes of guests and provide information on sightseeing and tourism services,
- obtain accommodation and refer guests to such accommodation,
- implement marketing concepts to promote regional tourism using public relations and advertizing activities,
- counsel and provide information to guests, including in a foreign language,
- implement hospitality measures; organize and manage conventions and events,
- cooperate with national and international associations.