Tourism and leisure agents work in tourism and leisure companies. These include regional and national tourism and leisure organisations, local and regional tourism bodies with different legal forms, industrial tourism federations, leisure pools, leisure and holiday parks, camping sites, marinas, incoming companies, tourism-oriented transportation companies, other institutions and operators involved in the marketing of tourist attractions as well as health and wellness tourism companies and organizations.
Tourism and leisure agents:
- develop, sell and resell tourism and leisure products and services
- coordinate regional and local tourist products in accordance with customer requirements
- provide information on tourist services and attractions which is of specific interest to the target group, and in a foreign language whenever necessary
- advise and provide support to customers and offer services
- stage and conduct activities and events
- assist in developing marketing measures and implement these
- cooperate with local and regional partners
- assist in the commercial management and monitoring of the company
- guarantee service quality and observe environmental standards
- make use of information and communications systems
- help to ensure that technical units and equipment are functioning correctly.