Tourism agents work mainly in companies in the travel sector, such as travel bureaux, business travel services and tour operators.
- plan, produce and sell package holidays, individual holidays and group holidays, applying their knowledge of the destination areas and transport providers
- sell products and services from other providers and obtain information regarding transport connections and tariffs
- advise and inform customers, and are able to communicate in a foreign language
- research and calculate prices and process payments and invoices
- take the legal framework conditions and environmental aspects into account when producing a product
- are involved in marketing measures
- make use of information, communications and accounting systems
- coordinate cooperation within the company and with external partners such as incoming and outgoing agencies
- research key figures and analyse them in the light of decisions to be taken
- assist in the commercial management and monitoring of the company.