Acting as a brand ambassador who will lead, motivate and develop a team of retail-based employees, to deliver sales and profit targets.
A Retail Leader is someone who will demonstrate strategic vision and drive to achieve excellence in customer service and profitability. They will act as a brand ambassador and will lead, motivate and develop a team of retail-based employees, to deliver sales and profit targets. They will do this whilst operating within and championing the parameters of the company values and ethos. Typically (although not exclusively), they will hold the following type of job roles: Area Manager, Store Manager, Departmental Manager (large stores), Senior On-line Customer Manager, Senior Digital Manager and Commercial Managers. Retail Leaders work in a variety of environments, increasingly including on-line, in both food and non-food. They will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the retail sector, and how to influence the whole retail journey: ‘cotton plant to coat-hanger or farm to fork’
- Coach and empower teams to deliver first class retail performance
- Deliver maximum profit through lowest possible cost delivery
- Increase spend per head and basket value
- Identify how to be better than competitors and grow market share
- Ensure high visual merchandising standards – in-store and / or online. including Inventory Management through effective stock control and merchandising processes
- Be responsible for a productive retail business – Right Product, Right Place, Right time by the Right People.
- Identify ways to offer innovative customer service
- Drive Retail performance – sales and profitability
- Understand and respond to the needs of customers
- Review, analyse and make changes to the retail business
- Drive Retail KPIs including increase spend per head, visitor/traffic conversion and average order value (web-sales)
Summary of Standard