Field of Activity
Dry construction builders work both on new constructions and on refurbishment, modernization and rehabilitation projects at various job sites, for example on housing developments, public-sector construction projects, and industrial building sites. They build structures for interior and exterior duty using dry construction techniques and taking account of requirements concerning protection against heat, cold, noise, fire and irradiation.
Dry construction builders carry out their work on the basis of technical documents and job orders, both independently and in cooperation with others. They plan and coordinate their work, consult and coordinate with others working on the site, set up construction sites and take the measures required for smooth-running operations, for health and safety at work and to protect the environment at the job site. They check their work to ensure error-free execution, document their work, carry out quality assurance measures, calculate job performance data and hand the vacated job site on.
When carrying out the following activities, dry construction builders use plant and machinery, they erect and dismantle scaffolding for work, protection and support purposes and measure constructions and elements thereof for proper fit.
Dry construction builders:
- prepare elevations and setting drawings,
- prepare base surfaces,
- mount furrings,
- cover walls with dry plaster linings,
- erect prefabricated walls made of various materials and from different systems,
- build counter ceilings and floor coverings,
- build and fit panellings and apron flashings,
- clad wall and ceiling surfaces,
- assemble and fit prefabricated constructions and elements,
- fit prefabricated flooring elements,
- build constructions to special technical and design specifications using dry construction techniques,
- apply materials to insulate against heat, cold, noise and fire,
- seal structures against moisture using dry construction techniques,
- identify damage in rehabilitation and refurbishment projects, determine the cause of the damage and
- carry out the corresponding rehabilitation and refurbishment work.
Additionally, dry construction builders carry out related tasks in the field of building construction.