Field of Activity
Construction plant operators work with construction plant on building sites involving structural construction, civil engineering, road construction and special underground engineering works.
The field of activity involves operating and maintaining construction plant. Construction plant operators keep such plant ready for use on building sites and in workshops and carry out simple repair operations.
Construction plant operators are able to work independently, carrying out duties as instructed and using technical documentation. They take account of commercial and ecological considerations and evaluate the quality of work carried out. They apply the following skills acquired during their initial vocational training:
- work planning;
- setting up and safeguarding building sites, erection and dismantling of working and protective scaffolding;
- processing of building materials and auxiliary inputs;
- handling of construction technology;
- handling of surveying devices;
- processing of metals and synthetics;
- handling of construction plant components, sub-assemblies and systems;
- commissioning, operating and decommissioning of construction plant;
- maintaining construction plant in accordance with service regulations;
- detection of malfunctions in construction plant and initiation of measures to rectify such malfunctions;
- repair of construction plant components and sub-assemblies.