Helping with essential building tasks such as planning, designing and project management.
The occupation covered by this standard is Construction Design and Build Technician and typical job titles can include: Assistant Design Co-ordinator or Design and Build Co-ordinator. In the case of SME construction companies the roles are likely to include Design Co-ordinator or Design Manager. They are associated with the co-ordination of design information on construction projects and are based on construction sites with occasional time in offices.
The main duties and tasks of a Construction Design and Build Technician are:
- Identification of client requirements in construction projects
- Identification of health and safety risks in the design of projects
- Checking of compliance with regulations on a construction project
- The minimisation of the environmental impact of construction projects
- Assisting architects with the development of detailed design on a construction project
- Co-ordinate design information on a construction project
- Monitoring of quality on a construction project
- Assisting commercial staff with the monitoring of costs on a construction project
Summary of Standard