Field of Activity
Concretors work both on new constructions and on refurbishment, modernization and rehabilitation projects at various job sites, for example on housing developments, public-sector construction projects, and industrial building sites. They build structures using concrete and reinforced concrete and constructions made of blocks.
Concretors carry out their work on the basis of technical documents and job orders, both independently and in cooperation with others. They plan and coordinate their work, consult and coordinate with others working on the site, set up construction sites and take the measures required for smooth-running operations, for health and safety at work and to protect the environment at the job site. They check their work to ensure error-free execution, document their work, carry out quality assurance measures, calculate job performance data and hand the vacated job site on.
When carrying out the following activities, concretors use plant and machinery, they erect and dismantle scaffolding for work, protection and support purposes and measure constructions and elements thereof for proper fit.
- build, erect, brace and anchor frame, large-panel and special formwork for foundations, right-angle supports and beams, for multiform elements and for flat-run and curved walls and ceilings,
- build formwork for conical shapes, column heads, landings and straight and spiral stair flights,
- build formwork for fair-faced concrete,
- build and install reinforcing members and prepare reinforcement elements,
- position and fasten pre-stressed steel with anchor systems,
- test green and hardened concrete,
- deliver, feed and compress concrete and treat the surface manually and mechanically,
- post-treat concrete,
- finish concrete surfaces in accordance with design criteria,
- underpin parts of buildings,
- build, store, transport and install compound units made of reinforced concrete,
- seal concrete and reinforced concrete constructions against moisture,
- build interior and exterior walls using various types of block and slab and different bonding techniques,
- apply materials to insulate against heat, cold, noise and fire,
- check concrete surfaces for damage and carry out rehabilitation and refurbishment work on concrete and reinforced concrete structures.