Field of Activity
Building and object coaters produce coatings for interior and exterior surfaces on buildings and objects. They renovate, modernize and restore surfaces, make undersurfaces, coat and design surfaces, carry out plasterwork, apply ceiling, wall and floor coverings, install insulation and process dry wall material.
Building and object coaters carry out their work independently and in a customer-oriented manner on the basis of work orders, both alone and as part of a team. They plan and coordinate their work, set up workplaces and determine the necessary steps and material. They take measures for safety and health protection on the job as well as environmental protection in the workplace. They talk with customers, check their work for errors and document their work.
Building and object coaters:
- check and evaluate undersurfaces and prepare them for coating,
- carry out protective measures for surfaces which are not to be processed and on objects,
- treat, cover, coat and design surfaces,
- maintain and repair surfaces,
- carry out interior finishing and installation work,
- carry out plastering, insulation and dry wall work,
- take measurements and document the results,
- select, set up, operate and maintain implements, tools, machines and equipment for the job,
- assemble and disassemble scaffolding, operate vertical lift working platforms, set up and maintain hoists and conveyors,
- process materials and components.