Field of activity
Aircraft electronics technicians (m/f) are involved in the manufacture or maintenance of aircraft, working for aircraft manufacturers, aircraft fitters, airlines and the armed services. Their work covers the entire field of aircraft electronics from single-engine aircraft and helicopters to airliners, wide-body aircraft and military jets.
Aircraft electronics technicians:
- work independently and in teams, cooperating with other specialist areas,
- install and connect control, signalling and data lines,
- assemble electrical and electronic assemblies,
- assemble and install aeronautical equipment and systems,
- test and measure electrical and electronic assemblies and equipment, adjust and change them,
- commission electrical and electronic aeronautical assemblies, equipment and systems,
- systematically analyse faults in measuring and control systems and in electrical drive and transmission equipment,
- commission software to control aircraft components.